Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The End of The Piccadilly Line

The extreme lack of blogging going on here lately has been sad. Not surprisingly, I have found in myself little or no desire to blog over the last few weeks because they are exactly that, the last few weeks. I have now checked off all things on lists I had made a few weeks ago. Things to buy for people. Things to see. Things that I haven't taken pictures of yet.

I took my last test this morning in a religion class. I will be forever free from undergraduate course work as of 3:45 today.

I have a lot of material bouncing around in my head from the last couple of weeks, and from being nearly done with this adventure. If I am awake on my flights to come in the next 12 days I will be frantically writing, trying to fill the last section of available paper in my journal.

While packing I am going to leave as much stuff/junk here as possible. I need to make room for the large quantities of souvenirs that I am bringing home for the people that essentially handed me this trip and said, "Hey, I want you to go to England for a semester. Go there and have the time of your life." I will never be able to repay those people with things that were Made in England, but I can always show some love by giving something.

London is inexhaustible. An amazing city it is. I have grown to love it. Upon leaving I find myself sad, even though I am going to a wonderful place, home, and family in Colorado and Wyoming. I will leave and end this blog's short, but important life, with this, my favorite quote about London.

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."— Samuel Johnson

1 comment:

Rachel L. said...

Love the quote. I hope to visit there someday and see all the wonderful things you wrote about. Enjoyed the blog very much. Always a pleasure my friend.

See you soon.