Monday, February 06, 2006

Page Three Girl

I am happy to say that although I haven't been putting up that many blogs I have been writing nearly everyday in a journal I keep at the homestay. Occasionally I take the journal out with me and write while at a park. However, I am fearful of losing it so that doesn't happen that much.

It is 46 degrees today. That is the warmest it has been in London in a few weeks. My search for a coat has proved unsuccessful so far, but I have not given up. There are a lot of coats to be had in London, but not for people who are over two meters tall. I did find an official English soccer jersey for £11.99. That is quite the deal. I will probably buy a couple more jerseys of different teams while I am here. The Germany jersey is sweet, as well as the Chelsea, Man. U., and the Arsenal jerseys. They all cost money though...bummer. Anyway, I just wanted to announce my obsession with the material that these jerseys are made out of.

Another trip will be taken to Parliament today for a lecture on British Politics. Many might find this boring, but I believe I could be intrigued by it...not enough to become a politician, but enough to keep me from falling asleep.

I will be going to Stonehenge and Salisbury on Friday. A lot of the students here didn't go for that trip because they didn't want to see some rocks, but I do, and I am excited about it so there! That is my trip out of London this week. I have a longer weekend coming up and I need to figure out what I should do. If you read this and have any suggestions let me know. You should be able to leave a comment even if you are not registered with blogger.com

I did not watch the Super Bowl last night. I really had no interest in the winner, and they had silly British commercials and not the dumb, but sometimes funny American ones. I watched the kick-off and then sat up in bed and turned the TV off. One thing I do enjoy about British TV is the extreme lack of commercials. Some programs don't have commercials, and then the ones that do have them only last for a few minutes per half hour. One more thing about TV here, it isn't censored. You can hear plenty of foul language and see naked people from time to time. The lack of censorship is a great idea I believe, but I probably wouldn't be too happy about my kids seeing some of the stuff at such an early age. Oh, and every time I see someone with The Sun I look at them looking at the paper and see how long they stop on page 3. Everyday in the The Sun there is a topless girl on page three. I can't take anything in that paper seriously just because of the Page Three Girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi- Wanted to see if I could leave comments, and now I can. Don't know why I couldn't before. That is interesting what you said about the warm beer and where you are going this Friday...I hope that it is fun for you! Love, Kate

Anonymous said...

Send me a copy of "The Sun"

Collin said...

What does page three have that I don't?