Monday, February 13, 2006

The Lone Guard

Welcome to my blog. It isn't very popular, but a few people visit regularly. Thanks Mom and Dad. Well, about the picture. This is the lone guard at St. James' Palace that basically gets picked on all day long. I have two pictures with him. In this one I am smiling, and in the other I am trying to be serious. These guys are on guard for two hours, then off for four, the same as the guards at Buckingham...I believe. An hour after this picture was taken I returned with my roommates and there was a different guard on duty. Keith wanted us to take a picture of him standing next to the guard smoking a cigar. Keith tried, but the guard actually spoke to him. He did so without moving much and simply uttered, "You can't do that here." And since he was quite taller than the one pictured, holding a gun with a bayonet on it, we kindly trotted away.

On Friday I saw Stonehenge and the town of Salisbury. Stonehenge was chill, but the highlight for me was Salisbury Cathedral. The church has the tallest spire in all of England. It is the second tallest spire in Europe as well. Something like over 400 feet tall. Freaking massive. It was beautiful inside and I took many pictures. They also have a copy of the Magna Carta there. That was sort of cool to see, but damn those people have small handwriting. I don't care if they were trying to not waste any space, didn't they think about those people 700 years down the road that were going to try to read it. C'mon?

It rained all day on Sunday and I walked about in my Mountain Hardwear waterproof jacket. That was fun. The water just beaded off of the hood and down my sleeves.

I hear NYC got dumped with snow. I also know that Cheney shot a man while hunting...oops. I haven't read the story on that, but don't really have any interest.

Cambridge is my destination for this Friday. The temperature is supposed to be around 9 C, or maybe double digits, that will be nice. The computer lab is closing down. I must venture off now. Really, thanks again for coming here. I hope I did not bore.

4 comments:

Rachel L. said...

Are you serious? I love reading your blogs! Stonehenge seems like a chill place, ive always wanted to go there...LOVE THE PIC WITH THE GUARD!!! haha Keeep it up...see ya

Anonymous said...

You a tall fool.

Anonymous said...

Erik is just jealous...he has always wanted to dunk. I've been doing a little informal polling, I need to send you and e-mail about it post haste.

Collin said...

Aaron. I'm tired of your tomfoolery.

Bryce. Don't let those bayanettes get you down man, do what you want! You're A-Freaking-Merican!