Thursday, January 26, 2006

Another Celebrity Sighting

I don't know what it is with London, but there seem to be a lot of celebrities around. Prior to coming here I had never seen a celebrity, but I have now seen two. Last week I stumbled upon 50 Cent's movie premiere in Leicester Square. I hung around for a few minutes to get a picture of him. It was loud with many people screaming frantically. "Phiddy!" "Fiddy!" "Fifty!"

On Tuesday I was venturing out of one of those crappy grocery stores and I stepped aside for a man coming into the store. He looked up at me, and naturally, I looked down at him, and the man just happened to be Patrick Stewart...a.k.a....Professor X, Captain Picard...and some other famous roles. Anyway, he looked like he just got spotted because he caught sight of my double take, but he was safe. I didn't say anything. I know if I had to sport a hat everywhere with the collar popped on a coat to hide myself I would really appreciate my privacy. However, that did not stop me from looking back a couple times to see if it was really him...and it was.

Tomorrow I am taking a trip to Stratford -On-Avon. It should be Shakespeare and all that, but I just have to get up early again...dang it. I got a tour of Westminster Abbey yesterday and in one corner of the Abbey I walked over the burial places of Dickens, Kipling, and Handel. I don't really get a kick out of walking over dead people, but it was interesting to find out who is buried in the Abbey. Oh, interestingly enough, King Edward I, from Braveheart, is buried within one of the most sacred parts of the Abbey. Apparently, Edward I had a soft side (I don't believe that really) that is most definitely not shown in the depiction of him in Braveheart. This was all new to me because I don't know much about the royal history of Great Britain.

Anyway...I am spending most of today at my internship at a publishing company. It's pretty fun so far, but it took me an hour and 20 minutes to get here this morning. I wish it was a bit closer by Tube, but I don't mind it. Actually, I am there right now, but the guy that I am working with today is still on his lunch break. I hope that I can write maybe 2 or 3 of these a week instead of writing the same email 20 times, or writing out mass emails. I definitely prefer this method.

No comments: